Want More Places to Strut Your Mutt?
Help Us Build More Sections of the Norwalk River Valley Trail
Join us on May 5, 2018, 10 AM – 2 PM, for the Norwalk River Valley Trail’s (NRVT) first annual Mutt Strut. (Rain date, May 12) The proceeds will go towards building more sections of the NRVT in Norwalk, Wilton, Ridgefield, and Redding. Fun Event For All Ages:
Bandanas and treats for the dogs, wristbands for the hikers, goodie bags, selfies, trophies, medals, prizes (including Most Creative Dog Costume). Registration:
- $20 families & per person thru April 20th
- $30 after April 20th Locations:
- We’ll be strutting our mutts on the NRVT at these starting locations:
Norwalk: - The Lockwood Matthews parking lot at the rear of the Pine Island
- The Norwalk Mutt Strut will go from Lockwood Mathews to the
Maritime Aquarium and back. At a casual pace, this is about 20
minutes each way.
Wilton: - The commuter parking lot at Wolfpit Road and Rt. 7.
- The Wilton Mutt Strut will go from the commuter parking lot to
Sharp Hill Road and back. About thirty minutes each way.
Ridgefield: - The parking area at the corner of Simpaug Turnpike and Rt. 7.
- The combined Ridgefield/Redding Mutt Strut will go from Simpaug
Turnpike and Rt. 7 to Topstone Road and back. About 30 minutes
The Norwalk River Valley Trail (NRVT) will be a 35-mile multi-use trail that will run from Norwalk to Danbury. In Norwalk and Wilton segments of the NRVT are complete. In Redding and Ridgefield segments of the trail have been selected for engineering and construction in 2018-2019. Visit www.nrvt-trail.com